Monday, December 26, 2011

our new project

One of my favorite Christmas gifts is a book Jonathan gave me.

Waterfall Hikes of Upstate South Carolina by Thomas E. King. We have ventured to several waterfalls around the area but this book is incredible. It has everything that I need to best decide on our next adventure. Each falls has:

  • a picture of the falls
  • length of hike to falls
  • driving directions
  • a brief description of the falls
  • and difficulty of trail
There are several other details included like a rating for the fall and a desciption of the location that make this book so helpful. One of the best details is a regional grouping of the falls. The falls are grouped together by proximity so you can visit more than one if you have the time. All falls are located in Oconee, Pickens and Greenville Counties so it's fits us perfectly.

My new project, along with one of my buddies (and anyone who wants to join us), is to explore as many of these falls as possible. I'm so looking forward to our first trek...if I can decide on just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment