Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where am I?

No better time than 6am for me to finally sit down and catch up on all the goings on around here. So it's been about 2 weeks since my last entry and I'm having a hard time believing that it's been 2 weeks! The girls have been going to their homeschool co-op classes and little Buster and I have been helping out in the nursery there.

Lauren is taking a History Pockets class on American Indians, the Magic School Bus Science and ballet. The history was perfect for her since we are doing American History this year and she has enjoyed moving up to the older ballet class. She loves her science teacher and was able to earn a dollar from her by finding a word that rhymes with orange...yep there is one.

Emily is taking a geography class and ballet also. Their winter performance will be part of The Nutcracker. I took a bold step with her this year with geography. The class is for K-3rd. I wasn't sure how she would do since she is so quiet but she loves that class!

Monday was their last meeting for this session and they will only have ballet until their performance.

So that explains our Mondays....the rest of the time I have been working full blast on the house. I am repainting the kitchen cabinet and I'm really happy with the result. Jonathan has been working hard outside clearing for the orchard that we would like to put in in the next few weeks. Our list of things to do is growing (as we knew it would) but we have been slowed down a little by life.

Saturday morning Jonathan woke with pain in his lower abdomen. Yes, acute appendicitis! So off the the ER we go. My wonderful mom-in-law met us on the way to get the little ones and by 4 that afternoon our weekend getaway had begun. Awesome room service, cable, all the ice chips you want. It was heaven! We checked out before lunch the next day to continue our wonderful weekend at home. The kids had a sleep over with their Aunt Saysa and we were refreshed.

Not to be out done by my husband, and since he was getting an enormous amount of sympathy and all I decided I needed my own trip to the ER. So Monday morning I was off. Jonathan had no idea of my adventure and he had wanted to take the girls to co-op (because he felt so well) so when I called my uncle to meet me so he could watch little Buster he made an elective decision to take me on a tour of the Easely ER. I was so excited! Sitting in those comfy wheelchairs while havining excrutiating back pain was in deed a treat. So I left my tour with the UT Infection care package as well as bonus painkiller shots (yes it's still wearing off)

So the kids got an extended stay at their aunt and uncle's and Jonathan and I have relished this time together. It was like a vacation in another dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment