Friday, July 22, 2011

Garden, Puzzles


I believe I mentioned how hot things are right now. So, although we are doing school during the summer things can get a little, well, boring! So the girls and I had a puzzle-a-thon yesterday (during nap time). I think that is the most puzzles we have done at one sitting but they love them. I can't wait until we can work on the really big ones. They were extremely proud of their accomplishment.

Now, I believe I mentioned how hot things are. Well our garden doesn't seem to know the conditions in which I prefer to harvest (NOT HOT!). There are many things that I sit back and ponder that my grandmothers did with little ones running afoot. It is a challenge for me too but I quickly remember the A/C I get to run back into that they did not. Or the running water that I have, indoor plumbing, dishwasher, washing machine, this list is long and...well, maybe it's not so challenging for me after all.

Back to the garden. We have around 25 tomato plants this year that I am anxiously waiting to harvest. Apparently the infrequent rain and staggering heat have slowed the harvest time this year.

Butter beans have begun to come in and are delicious. Looks like this may be the last harvest for the green beans but we've canned what we were wanting.

And Jonathan and the girls are doing great making relish and pickles with the abundant cucumbers. Hopefully the bugs will stay away and the tomatoes will come raining in!

No comments:

Post a Comment