Thursday, September 15, 2011

a blessing

I was reading through my blogs tonight and felt this fit perfectly with life right now found here.


Psalm 103:1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Good morning!
I hope that you all are having a pleasant week. This week has been challenging for me in a variety of ways, but I am always reminded how faithful the Lord our God is! This morning, I would encourage you to meditate on Psalm 103:1-5 written above.
v.1: Consider what it means to bless the Lord. We are His handiwork, and the Lord has created us for His glory, for His good pleasure. We were created to bless Him!
v.2: Cherish all of His many blessings and benefits. He has done so much for each of us ~ it is far more than I may comprehend.
v.3: The Lord forgives us. The Creator Himself provided a way for all of our sins to be forgiven ~ every sin I have ever committed has been forgiven by Jesus Christ. I am forgiven. ♥ He comforts us, heals us, and takes away the pain.
v.4: Jesus has redeemed His children! His love is everlasting, His mercy is forever.
v.5: He alone satisfies our hearts. Jesus Christ fulfills us. He loves you so much! He provides strength when we are weak.



I have had calls the last few days of: we are closing on the house...we are not closing...we are closing...we are not closing.

Today was the last day on our contract and had a closing set for 3pm. Jonathan had moved his day off for the second time and we had arranged our day to be near town at 3. Two hours before the set time I received a call that the closing would not happen and it would be a while until things were cleared up.

I've been trying to have faith and believe that if God doesn't want us to have this then He should stop it. But I was sad and pretty ticked off and consumed by my little world. Then we stopped by a gas station and I got a reality check.

Jonathan noticed Thomas was choking. He is now sitting in the far back of the car and had been given a piece of candy. He probably tried to swallow it. We rushed to him and he coughed it up and was just fine.

Then it slapped me in the face...this is just a piece of land and a building. Look at how much we have to be grateful for and how blessed we are. We are blessed that we get to experience this trouble so long as we glean from it and use it to glorify Him. I don't completely understand what all that means but I am trying to.

We are now closing tomorrow at 5pm. We will see but I hope I am better at having joy when I have trials...although I don't really consider this much of a trial...just life. Praying for God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment