Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life

Jonathan and I were talking last night and I mentioned that I hadn't written anything on the blog lately. I was thinking of all the things that had been going on and how much I had to write about. Well it's going to have to wait because life interrupted.

My sweet hearted baby girl decided it would be best to shorten her hair. Let me back up...the last few nights I haven't been sleeping well. Last night was filled with bad dreams and a lightning storm. So today the kids were busy playing with paydoh so I decided to lay down for about 20 minutes in the next room. I never did sleep but apparently I didn't hear what I needed to either.

When I came into the kitchen there she was playing, "Hi Mommy!" and all her beautiful hair was gone. Just gone. Shock would be the word I'd use. I gasped and covered my mouth. Her sister turned and apparently hadn't noticed and quickly began to cry over her sisters missing hair.

I went to the counter trying to decide my reaction...should I cry? should I tear my clothing in dispair? quickly I tried to place this in perspective. What would I think of this in years to come? I would laugh! So..I laughed, a lot. I think the girls thought I'd gone crazy. Then I logically thought, "I must photograph this moment!"







There she is just enjoying her playdoh like nothing in the world could be wrong. That is what I love about her. She is in the moment and enjoys every bit of life (except the sad parts) completely. Am I sad? Yes. Will I miss those beautiful little curls that she has when she's played hard outside? Very. Am I glad that she had short hair because she cut it all off and not because of poison that is in her system trying to save her life? More than I could have ever imagined.

She is bald, she is healthy, she is with me today and if God decides she is with me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment