Thursday, August 4, 2011

Can Can Can

I've had a few friends ask me about canning. I really enjoy it, right now without kids, but I'm so looking forward to when they are older and can help out. There is just something about grabbing food from your yard and preserving it.






Last year I had fun making some pear preserves. The pears came from Jonathan's cousin's tree and the girls helped pick them. I love knowing the history of my food. That was a fun day too.








 So last summer/fall I did all of my canning inside our house. This summer we are in a small family house and it has been in the high 90's to 100's and the A/C is struggling. So we have a new set up.



This is just heaven! (I know it's sad) I had forgotten how much I like cooking on gas. It has three burners and can heat up the canners in no time.


I've even been able to run two canners at the same time!! Yeah, I'm pretty pathetic. I get a little too excited about this stuff.


I highly recommend setting up an outdoor kitchen. I'm looking forward to being able to have a nice set up with a water supply in the near future.


And if you're wondering, we still haven't heard anything on the property. Still praying and battling my hopes getting to far up.

2 comments:

  1. I am all caught up now! I can be your friend again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...good to know you felt you were missing out on my life! So proud you actually commented on something ;)

    ReplyDelete