Sunday, August 21, 2011

tomatoes, toomatoes, tooomatoes!!!

Every year we usually have an abundance of at least one crop. This year tomatoes may have won out. I've ended up with 20 quarts of spaghetti sauce and still have more coming in..although those will turn into salsa. But this season I have had an awesome new tool in my kitchen:

The Good Grips Food Mill is so handy. I do have a motorized mill but it would get clogged with the tomato skins on. If you look closely you will see here the skins have risen to the sides of the mill. Yes! You don't have to remove the skins. I just seeded them and chopped and milled and presto!

This is perfect for us since the kids don't like the big chunks of tomatoes in their sauce. Enjoy!

Nope I don't sell 'em but I love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment