Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Found Nature

The other day the girls were out playing with their cousin, "B", when Lauren came running in the house. "Momma, I found some nature!" I turned to see her proudly display a cicada molt.




I'd seen them before and just figured it was a dead bug.


 I must admit...I'm not a bug person. They can live in their God given area and I will live in my bug free one...except for butterflies, ladybugs, honey bees (from a distance) and um, yeah I think that's it.


 But my inquisitive little people seem to want to draw me out of my box. Honestly, I was interested!





We went straight for our insect books and I jumped online and found this neat time lapse photos.


They are the sounds of summer for sure. We now have collected 4, oh, and a bucket full of worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment