Friday, August 26, 2011

Grocery store field trip

No, I didn't pretend a trip to the grocery store would count as a field trip. It was a real bells and whistles tour! A group that we go on field trips with organized a tour of Publix grocery store.






This was the most important part of the tour. I don't know why the manager didn't point them out herself but I made sure everyone saw the Blue Bell....sadly there was no Happy Tracks today.














The kids got to see how incredibly skilled and fast the ladies are in the bakery. She made a beautiful yellow rose within a minute!






They also gave them a squirt of icing....none for me though. We walked in their coolers and freezers but first the girls turned into Lavern and Shirley...





















So hon, what size cut of turkey can I slice for ya?


We then ventured over to the produce isle....Now there have been moments that I've been in produce and I just wanted to throw my hands up in the air and scream to the top of my lungs.

Well today.... I didn't. But I could have! Hopefully the kids will understand the next time we're in produce and not scream to the top of their lungs again.










We soon sailed on to our favorite part of the tour...seafood!

The guy in seafood was great. He had a whole show to perform for the kids. I learned a lot about lobster too.


He let the kids pet the lobster if they wanted. He even brought her over to Thomas so he could pet her. This sent Thomas into fetal position and thinking of a happy place....yeah, he was not impressed!


For his big finale he performed the famous lobster sleeping jedi mind trick. I never knew you could make a lobster stand on it's head and go to sleep!





It was a great time and the kids loved it. It was also a nice escape for the business going on right now.



Now I'm going to go rub my back and fall asleep on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment