Tuesday, August 9, 2011

God's Plan

Jonathan and I have sought God's plan for our lives. We have looked in so many different directions. When we met our lives were going in separate directions. He was headed to Egypt, I was possibly headed to somewhere else in the world. For Jonathan, a huge door shut, as in September 11th...yeah, he doesn't really blend in to that population. For me, too many doors were open. So began our journey to our current place in life.

My Dad asked me one day, I think I was in high school, "Sherry, what would you like your life to be like when you grow up?" I told him that I would have a family and live in a home with lots of land and animals. I wouldn't say that it was a "when I grow up, I want to be..." kind of moment but it is a vivid memory that I have.

I've not been motivated by that conversation but tried to be motivated by what God had planned. Do I have selfish desires?...you bet..but God never ceases to amaze me when the desires of my heart line up with His plan.

The last two months I've been bummed and really felt directionless even though we had previously felt led towards Pickens...I doubted...maybe I didn't pray hard enough or was to consumed in my desires to see God's will for us. How I forget that it doesn't matter what I do to "be good" it's my heart, my faith and trust...I think I was working on a mustard seeds worth of that. So what now?

We will sign on a property this week that would fulfill that conversation with my Dad. My hope is that we can use it in some way to glorify God. He definitely makes life fun I just have to figure out how to make this a moment of our Quiet Life Academy...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment