Saturday, August 20, 2011

dough

We got to make some modeling dough for science and the kids LOVED it. For those of you who know me well...I don't care for activities that make messes. But sometimes I try to step out of my box.




The girls love any chance to wear their aprons and Thomas realized quickly that he didn't have one to wear! We're working on that one.

We had a great time and it  was much less messy than I expected. It's funny all the things that you have learned in your life that you take for granted. For example, Emily realized that you really can't scoop up some water and not have it fall out! I should have given her a bigger bowl to dip out water from but she learned something from it.


They were so excited to have their own dough to play with. They always enjoy helping me cut out shapes for my pies but this time they could do what they pleased.

Thomas was in on the fun as well. Although I've been told before, I never really understood how much the younger ones learn from their older siblings.


After the girls sculpted their creations:

Lauren made a bird's nest with eggs
Emily made a  beautiful heart with shapes inside

...we baked them in the oven to keep their shape. I think they enjoyed the creating more than the final product...since it is currently in the trash. But there are many future creating jobs to come and we all had fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment